Nothing warms the soul like a good laugh. There’s no shortage of Blues tunes in New Orleans, but that doesn’t mean you should have the blues. Get a little silly, and take a trip to see one of these August comedy shows.
New Orleans August Comedy Shows
- Comedy Beast. Nothing adds to the lightheartedness of comedy like the word FREE. Stop by Howlin’ Wolf this month to catch several stand-up comedy shows at no charge. The show is hosted by Andrew Polk and Cyrus Cooper of The New Movement Theater every Tuesday. Watch top-notch talent August 8, 15, 22, and 29.
- Mark Normand. New Orleans-native Mark Normand is performing Tuesday, August 15 at One Eyed Jacks in NOLA. Normand was named Esquire’s “Best New Comedians 2012” and has appeared on “Conan,” “Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon,” “Inside Amy Schumer,” and several other high-profile comedy programs. Normand is traveling from New York for a show you won’t want to miss. Tickets are limited to patrons 18 and older and can be purchased online for $16. Doors open at 8 p.m., and the show starts at 9 p.m.
- Terry Fator. See famed ventriloquist Terry Fator perform live at Beau Rivage Theatre in Biloxi, Mississippi. Fator is the season two winner of “America’s Got Talent,” receiving the million-dollar prize at the finish. He went on to become the headliner act at The Mirage hotel and casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Now, you can catch Fator’s 15-puppet ventriloquist act – along with singing, comedy, and celebrity impressions – on Saturday, August 19. Tickets start at $35, depending on seating preference. The show starts at 10 p.m.
- Rodney Carrington. See this multi-talented comedian on Saturday, August 26 at 7 p.m. at Delta Downs Event Centerin Vinton, Louisiana. Carrington boats eight major record label comedy albums, a two-season role in ABC sitcom “Rodney,” and sold-out status in shows all across the US, Canada, and Australia. Get your tickets while you can. Admission is priced at $50 per person.
- Larry the Cable Guy. Okay, this one’s not technically in August. But it’s so good we had to include it. Larry the Cable Guy is performing Friday, September 1 at the Beau Rivage Theatre in Biloxi, Mississippi. The Grammy nominee, Billboard award winner, and movie star has become a household name with his “git-r-done” catchphrase. The show starts at 7 p.m. on Friday. Tickets range from $40–$209 depending on location.
Ray Brandt Auto
When it comes to cars, there’s no room for funny business. That’s why our 18-location family of dealerships is equipped with the best selection, staff, and services. We want to help you find the right car, the right way. Making a day trip to see one of these comedy shows? Ray Brandt Auto has locations all throughout Louisiana and Mississippi, so you’ll have no trouble finding one near you. Visit a Ray Brandt Auto location today.